Sunday, December 18, 2011

Best Albums of 2011: Foo Fighters - Wasting Light

I don't even know if I should mention why this record is one of the best ones of 2011. Basically, this was Foo Fighters' year. They released this record in the same year as legendary Nirvana's Nevermind was celebrating its 20th anniversary. Producer of this album was Butch Vig (producer of Nevermind) and Kirst Novoselich played bass guitar part in "I Should Have Known" - song dedicated to Kurt Cobain.

There is a lot of symbolisms regarding Nirvana and Nevermind. This record is so powerful. It was recorded using completely analogue equipment. So the sound is obviously raw and as rock and roll as it can be. I think that three guitars together never sounded so badass on any other record ever. Wasting Light has the power to blow your mind.

I think that this album doesn't feature bad song. Each song has its own atmosphere and is different. In case you haven't heard this album, you should really listen to it and give it a try because I think that it is probably the best album of this year...

No comments:

Post a Comment