Thursday, November 22, 2012

R.E.M. have a new music video


Legendary rock band R.E.M., which called it quits in September of last year, have a new music video for track called "Blue". Video was directed by actor James Franco. Song that also features Patti Smith on vocals is taken from their last studio album entitled Collapse Into Now (released March 7, 2011).

Franco used footage of Los Angeles, parties in it, walking people and also Hollywood Walk of Fame. It also features controversial Lindsay Lohan during her photo shoot with famous photographer Terry Richardson at Chateau Marmont Hotel.

Famous actor's effort is part of Collapse Into Now Film Project, which started in March of 2011. It gave opportunity to different artists to create short video for each track of the album.

Michael Stipe said about the project following:

"I approached people which I really wanted to work with. This way I could just let them work as they wish. It was just up to them. In many cases, I was surprised and in others, I expected similar results."

The result in this case is really good in my opinion. The footage used for the video really fits the music. In fact, it makes me kind of sad that such an awesome band broke up. But still, we have their awesome music and we can listen to it whenever we want. R.E.M. still lives in our hearts!

Watch the video below.

No comments:

Post a Comment