Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Into The Wild Soundtrack/Movie

Above is real Christopher McCandless' photo which was found near his body. Below is Emila Hirsch who played Christopher in the movie.
Into The Wild is one of those movies that you can watch over and over again and you will still feel the same feeling as for the first time. Of course, huge amount of this feelings is brought to you because of its great soundtrack. All songs are especially written and recorded for this movie by Pearl Jam's Eddie Vedder except tracks "Hard Sun" and "Society".

Movie is based on true story in which young Christopher McCandless escapes from the world, his family and society itself. He eventually reaches Alaska. Even though he dies because of lack of knowledge of nature, this story is powerful and I admire people like him who have guts to leave everything and go live their dreams.
Eddie Vedder's music in this movie is just brilliant. It is composed with huge sensitivity - most of the songs feature just Eddie and acoustic guitars. My favorite song is "Society" which basically tells it all. Here is part of its lyrics:

"I think I need to find a bigger place
'cos when you have more than you think
You need more space


Society, you're a crazy breed
I hope you're not lonely without me
Society, crazy and deep
I hope you're not lonely without me"

It's beautiful lyrics. I think that everyone has similar feelings like Christopher because everybody wants to escape everything from time to time. However, not all of us have the power to do it. Maybe, we eventually realize that this world is not so bad after all. But that is not what Christopher McCandless thought...

Actually, all the lyrics are very well written. I always listen to this soundtrack and it always makes me feel much better. It doesn't feature bad songs. They are all great and they all have their role and meaning.

If you haven't watched the movie or listened to its soundtrack, I definitely recommend you to do so because I actually don't know anybody who dislikes movie nor soundtrack.
Into The Wild tracklisting:

"Setting Forth"
"No Ceiling"
"Far Behind"
"Rise"
"Long Nights"
"Tuolumne"
"Hard Sun"
"Society"
"The Wolf"
"End of the Road"
"Guaranteed"

No comments:

Post a Comment