Saturday, December 3, 2011

Watch new Metallica/Lou Reed music video

Well, after these two released Lulu, fans actually started hating it. Mostly, there was negative feedback on the album. However, I think it is not such a big disaster (you can read my review here), it is just very different.

Anyway, they made a music video for their first song they put out before it was released - "The View". It
was directed by Darren Aronofsky .

He said about the song:

"The first time I heard "The View" I was stunned, I had never heard anything like it. Half was all Lou. The other half all Metallica. It was a marriage that on the surface made no sense, but the fusion changed the way I thought about both artists and morphed into something completely fresh and new. I couldn’t stop listening to it. Lou’s crushing lyrics, and the band’s incredible licks."

Lou Reed also said something about the cooperation with Aronofsky:

"I am very excited about working with Darren Aronofsky on our powerful video "The View". I feel Darren understood the power and range of the emotions fueled by the fire of Metallica. His strength and spirit are on display in every frame and I think he has caught the anger, rage and anguish at the bottom of the soul of real rock."

You can watch the video below:

No comments:

Post a Comment