Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Best Albums of 2011: Bon Iver - Bon Iver

I think that this is the most beautiful record of 2011. This second self-titled album from Bon Iver has such nice melodies, maybe little sad but still full of joy. This album is more layered, more diverse and more interesting than their debut For Emma, Forever Ago, which came out in 2008.

Beautiful guitar at the beginning of first song "Perth" suggests you in what spirit this album will continue. Bon Iver isn't beautiful just in instrumental way, but in lyrical as well. I think that this record moved folk music to another level. Nobody has ever done something like this and that makes this record even better.

I enjoy listening to this album a lot because it always calms me down and makes me wanna just chill and forget about my problems. How do you feel about this record?

No comments:

Post a Comment