Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Best Albums of 2011: Arctic Monkeys - Suck it and See


Suck it and See is fourth record from these british indie rockers. I think they got back to the roots with this record because they used similar guitar sounds like on their first two records Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not and Favourite Worst Nightmare.

In fact, I was kind of worried about this band after release of their third LP Humbug. It just didn't work for me. It wasn't so bad album, but I just felt these guys aren't what they used to be.

However, Suck it and See just blew my mind. Right after release of "Don't Sit Down 'Cause I've Moved Your Chair" I just knew this record will be awesome. And it is. There may not be so many kick-ass hits like on debut ("I Bet You Look Good on the Dancefloor", "Fake Tales of San Francisco" or "When the Sun Goes Down"), but this record's got many great tunes, which I really enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment